Monday, April 06, 2009

A five year old lives under my roof...


How is it possible that Addie Grace is five years old?? It really is mind blowing! I was finally getting used to her being four, AND NOW SHE'S FIVE!!!
I'm not going to get sappy and drone on and on about how I wish I could push a slow motion button on her life. And I'll try not to blabber on about how I have treasured every single second of the last five years, watching my sweet baby girl grow into this amazing little creature, who is beautiful both on the inside and out...I'll just take a few valium deep breaths to ease my pain and get on with the show...
The night before the party, Addie Grace went to bed on time, but at midnight, she got up to get a drink. When she came downstairs, she saw everything decorated and apparently, she got really excited. When I went upstairs at one, I went into her room and she was laying in the dark playing with her leapster, so I told her she HAD to go to sleep. At TWO, I went in to check on her, and she was still just laying there (no leapster) and I said, "Addie Grace, WHAT are you doing?!?" and she said, "just waiting for my party to start!". I was really worried that she was going to be a grump through her whole party, but she was surprisingly okay.
Here are some pictures of the party...
(FYI, Mom and Dad...you can click the collages to enlarge them...not that I'm calling you computer illiterates or anything!)

We also went to the American Girl Place in Chicago. It was so much fun! Addie Grace loved it! My sister Tanya and two of her girls tagged along too, and it was a really fun day! As you can imagine, I took a few pictures. At the table, Addie Grace said, "Oh! My birthday has turned into a picture day!!" Oh well...here's proof that she is honest...

Okay, I'm off to put a book on Addie Grace's head.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a good time! The "traditional" birthday party was a big hit! Hooray to being five!

Krista said...

Looks like fun! I wish I'd come to the party - I'm sure I could have won that pin the bow on Addie Grace game!! Be sure you don't smash her bow with the book you are putting on her head......

Anonymous said...

You are such a crafty, cute mommy! And your five year old is beautiful- you better keep an eye on her!

Taiwan Trekking said...

This makes me want to be 5 again!!!

Michelle said...

I am sooo glad you went to Chicago! Did you not love all that girliness(if that is a word?) I promise you-all that pink in that place just makes me happy! The party looked absolutely wonderful. What great memories!

Angie said...

How fun!! Looks like she had a ball!! They do grow up sooo fast!!

Debbie said...

She is such a sweetheart! We had a great time at the party. The cutest thing was hearing her greet everyone with "It's not really my birthday today"!

Looks like you guys had a great time in Chicago!

Holly said...

That is so sweet that she was waiting for her party to start! I can't believe that she is already 5! It seems like a year ago, we were painting our bellies like easter eggs! (I need to find those pics)
Happy birthday to sweet Addie Grace!!!