Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blaah...ahhh...rahhh, Gulf Shores!


We just got home from a mini-vacation to Gulf Shores with one of my sisters and her family and my parents. All vomiting aside, we had an absolutely, positively wonderful time!!
Wednesday night, my stomach started hurting (see previous post re: Addie Grace's stomach virus). I kept waiting for the inevitable, but by Thursday morning, it felt better! PHEW! I thought I was all in the clear. We made it to my parents and everyone was great that afternoon. Right after dinner though, I started throwing up. After much debate and everyone begging me to go anyway, I gave in. Being sick in the car is no fun (probably even less fun for everyone else in the car who had to endure me!!), but by the time I got there, I was fine other than my queasy stomach. Well, a couple hours after we got there, Sawyer started throwing up. His passed pretty quickly though, so he was able to hang out and play on the beach all day. That night, Brian started running a fever, but after sleeping that off, he woke up fine. The next day, we were all great and had a perfect day! During the night though, Bailey and my mom had it, then the next morning, Hadley and Hannah got it!!! By the time we were headed home Dad started getting it, and on the way home, I threw up again!!! My stomach is still not quite right and Addie Grace keeps complaining about hers too. I think I might need to burn down my house with all of our belongings to get this thing taken care of!! We were supposed to stay in Nashville until Thursday, but with my Dad getting it and me not feeling great, I was ready to just come home and try to get us completely well.
I wish we would have been 100% for the trip, but even with a nasty virus, it was still wonderful!! We are sad to be home!!

Anyway, I'm sure that's waaaaaay more information than you really cared to hear, but it was the main theme of our trip, so SORRY!!

Here are some pictures!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Bless your heart! Carson had the stomach bug on the way to TN last weekend, but we never got it...and he was fine after we got to TN...just a very LONG DRIVE!!! Hope everyone is better now!