Monday, July 14, 2008

a little bit of this and a little bit of that...

Her job is to dress up in a blue billion outfits a day. My job is to oooh and aaaaw. Today I told her how pretty she looked. She said, "noooo I don't!!! I look cool!". Apparently, cool people don't smile.



I finally had to tell her ENOUGH! We'd probably still be sitting there right now!

Sawyer has been feeling rough lately. I'm not sure if it's the tooth that we can see popping through that's been bothering him, his recent shots, or just his anger about knowing what he wants to do, but not being quite able to figure out how to do it. Anyway, we are supposed to be in Nashville at VBS this week, but because Sawyer has been struggling, I didn't want to put him (or me) through the car ride, late nights post VBS sans his own bed-so we didn't go. I'm sad, but I didn't want to get there and kick myself for making my child more miserable. I was soooo looking forward to being able to sleep in every day thanks to a doting Nana and visiting with friends, but oh well...gotta do what you gotta do. Sunday, Sawyer woke up screaming from his nap and could only be consoled by going outside, so we spent our afternoon hanging out on the playground at a nearby school. Addie Grace was making me run around too much to get pictures of her, so Sawyer was my poor captive target...




Addie Grace reluctantly let me take this one since she found her first 4 leaf clover!

Friday, we went to our friends the Hayes's for dinner. While we were there we also went swimming and Addie Grace FINALLY went under water! We were so proud. It was also a first for her friend Shelby. I didn't have my camera with me (lest I fall prey to the lens of the camera manned by my evil husband) but since they each kept doing it, I made Brian trek to the car to fetch it to capture the memorable moment on film (or SD), and wouldn't you know...when I finally had it, they both REFUSED to do it again!! Little rotten girls! Oh well, here they are NOT going under...



And lastly, we are ready for soccer!! Addie Grace has begged to play for the last two years, and I cannot believe that the time has come that she finally can!! Brian has signed up to be the coach (along with Bill, Shelby's dad). When I told her that Brian and Bill were going to coach, she said, "no, I want them to be that guy who dresses up in the big costume and does cheers!" As for right now, the plan is for him to coach, but if that doesn't work out, I guess he'll be the mascot!! We went and bought her gear today...here she is ready to go...

When Brian got home we practiced in the backyard. Addie Grace stopped mid-kick a few times and said, "hey, I've got an idea, why don't we look for teeny tiny rocks instead??". She loved the running and kicking, didn't so much like the instructions on how to play. It should be interesting!!



Sawyer cheering her on. He started out with a shirt on, but fell into the pool when I went to answer the phone...oops. (Don't worry, Brian was right there).

Well, that's about all the excitement in the McDonald home! Have a good evening!

No comments: